Earth was considered as sacred. This knowledge, passed down over the generations, has survived in one form or another around the globe. For most of our evolutionary history, humans have had continuous contact with the Earth. The old people came literally to love the soil. They sat on the ground with the feeling of being close to a mothering power. It was good for the skin to touch the Earth, and the old people liked to walk with their bare feet on the sacred Earth. The soil was soothing, strengthening, cleansing, and healing. The frequency of the Earth’s energy is the most healing of all frequencies. The Earth is the ultimate mother. She nurtures and supports us.
Earth’s Electrical Nature
The earth’s surface (oceans and land mass), are both highly conductive. The earth’s electric current is the accumulated effect of thousands of thunderstorms and lightening. During fair weather there is an electric potential difference of 250,000 to 500,000 volts between the ionosphere and the earth’s surface; the earth maintains a negative electrical potential on its surface relative to the ionosphere.
A ground connection in a electric wiring serves as an electrical “sink” that minimized the susceptibility of electromagnetic interference in communication system, reduces the risk of equipment damage due to lightning, and eliminates risk of shock in case of short circuited appliance.
Also, the Earth is a natural source of electrons pulsating perpetually on the surface of the conductive Earth, fed by natural phenomenon – solar radiation, thousands of lightning strikes per minutes, and energy generated from the inner core of the planet.
Human Body’s Electrical Nature
Most people, even in this scientific age, are totally unaware of their bio-electrical nature. Our body is mostly water and minerals, and both are excellent conductors of electrons. Our blood and other body fluids are therefore good conductors. Our skin in general is a very good conductor but there is one that is especially potent, and that's right in the middle of the ball of our foot; a point known to acupuncturists as Kidney 1 (K1). It's a well-known point that conductively connects to all of the acupuncture meridians and essentially connects to every nook and cranny of your body.
Interaction of Earth and Human body’s Electric Fields
Practically no one has the slightest knowledge of an electrical or energetic connection between his or her body and the Earth. When we are in direct contact with the ground (walking, sitting, or laying down on the earth’s surface) the earth’s electrons are conducted to our body, bringing it to the same electrical potential as the earth and also protects the body’s delicate bioelectrical circuitry against static electrical charges and interference. The free electrons from earth which are negative in charge are known to neutralize the disease causing free radicals (positive in change) in our body. Free radicals are responsible for inflammation.
Earthing and Why it is Important
Earthing is basically getting in touch with the earth by touching bare-earth with any part of the skin. It is the most simple and natural remedy for all kinds of deadly problems. It restores and maintains the human body’s most natural electrical state, which in turn promotes optimum health and functionality in daily life.
Firstly, scientists have recently discovered what mystics have maintained for long that human body has master controller called “Pineal Gland” (Physical gland for Crown Chakra) which is master controller for all biological clocks, hypothalamus, nervous system, and endocrine system; which in turn are responsible for overall body functions. But this master gland is not an internal mechanism; basically pineal gland is a follower of the dynamic & rhythmic fluctuations in the Solar System Interplanetary Electromagnetic Field Matrix (SSIEFM) and the rhythmically pulsating Geomagnetic Field of the Earth (GMF). So, in other words, Pineal is our “light meter” that and receives information from the heavens above (Sunlight), to give us that sense of oneness with the universe, and from the Earth’s electromagnetic field (Earth) below to keep us grounded. A perfect balance is necessary to maintain our health, and to keep us in harmony with the environment. This is the reason that Sunlight and Earthing are the most important for health due to their relationship with “regulator of regulators: the pineal gland”.
Secondly, earthing also controls inflammation which is a root cause of major diseases like: cardiovascular diseases, type-2 diabetes, cancer, arthritis, eczema, arthritis, fibromyalgia, auto-immune diseases, and 80 other chronic diseases documented in scientific researches. Earthing controls inflammation via: Pineal Gland ==> Hypothalamus ==> Autonomic nervous system ==> Parasympathetic nervous system). Technically, small inflammation is good for health in case of injured tissue because it involves the mobilization of plasma and white blood cells from the blood into the injured tissue via sympathetic nervous system, but problems arises when the process fails (parasympathetic nervous system) to wind down completely after the job is done. The good guys become bad guys, ripping up innocent, healthy cells. The immune system gears switch into overdrive, sending in more white blood cells that produce more free radicals which in turn create more problems in our body. It creates serious inflammation which is root cause of serious problems. As Earth has negative electrons and therefore it has the capacity to neutralize the free radicals which are positive charged.
e.g In 1960-1970s Max Planck Institute in Germany did a research on earthing effect on humans. They intentionally isolated volunteers for months at a time in underground rooms electrically shielded from the rhythms in the Earth’s electric field. Patterns of body temperature, sleep, urinary excretion, and other physiological activities were carefully monitored. All participants developed a variety of abnormal patterns. They experienced disturbed sleep and waking patterns, out-of-sync hormonal production, and overall a disruption in basic body regulation. But when electric rhythms comparable to those measured at Earth’s surface were pulsed into the metal shielding around the underground chambers, there was a dramatic restoration of normal physiological patterns. Experiments like these do prove the importance of earthing.
e.g Wild animals heals faster as compared to pet animals who remain in houses most of the time without contact with bare-earth.
Problems with our Life Style
For decades we have been almost categorically deprived of Earth contact. Our bare feet, with their rich network of nerve endings, rarely touch the ground. We wear insulated synthetic-soled shoes; sleep on elevated beds made from insulating material; spend most of our day in an apartment, house, or office elevated off the ground, with a layer of wood, synthetic carpeting, or vinyl covering the floor. From cell phones and computers to fluorescent lights and ambient house and high rise fields, our brains, nervous systems and vital organs are constantly bombarded by voltage-induced inflammatory stresses undreamed of by our pre-industrial ancestors.
Earthing is one of the most important overlooked (basically ignored) factors in public health but we are suffering needlessly because of this disconnect. As an analogy, think of a light bulb with a loose connection. The bulb flickers, shines weakly, or doesn’t light up at all. Many people go through life with flickering or weak health. When grounding is restored, many people report significant improvement in a wide range of ailments.
How to Restore Contact with Earth
Outdoors: The ideal is bare-foot on bare-ground under sun and in open fresh air. 30 min is must. This is the BEST option:
- Walking barefoot on the beach or close to or in the water is very good as sea water is a great conductor. A second location is grassy area, especially if it's covered with dew, which is what you'd find if you walk early in the morning.
- Sitting on chair or grass with bare-feet on bare-ground in open air. To make it more effective, dampen the soil/grass for added conductivity.
Indoors: The next best option is to remain indoors and utilize the following methods:
- Sitting on concrete floor or on chair with feet on concrete floor. Dampen area around your feet to enhance conductivity, concrete is a conductive substance but if it is painted or sealed, then it is not. Open windows to let in fresh air and light.
- Grounding rod (preferably copper) could be grounded directly in earth but it should not touch any underground electric live wire, otherwise use in-line resistor. Then connect grounded rod with insulated copper wire running into home and connecting it to:
- Any part of body which is painful or to K1 point under each foot.
- Copper mesh/sheet which you place can under your feet.
- Products like earthing mat, sheet. It comes with grounding rod.
Barefoot Substitutes (For Indoor): It is for the persons who because of some problem/issue cannot spend time on bare earth. There is one-of-kind earthing products available from http://www.earthing.com/ (Commercial earthing products). But it is very important to check if your electric wiring is properly grounded; tools are available from any hardware store. Many electrical ground systems are prone to carry high frequency electrical noise. Even with such electrical noise, use of an electrical ground system for earthing is safe with the use of earthing system designed specifically for personal grounding. But it is the potential disturbance that electrical noise may have on the nervous system of an electrically sensitive individual. Moreover, for safety reasons during lightening do not use ground-plug. The best option is to bypass the electrical system inside the house and connect to a dedicated outside ground rod.
Tips for Earthing
- Do not use any grounding products during sleep. It is because during sleep we are being controlled by positive forces but earth being 7th plane of existence has some negative forces and during our sleep they might affect us in negative way.
- Asphalt, wood, vinyl, carpet, plastic, rubber, painted concrete are not conductive.
- Bare-ground, Sea water, Moist Grass is conductive.
- At-least 30-40 minutes grounding is necessary to see the greater benefits of grounding.
- The disease could come back if you stop grounding because by nature we are designed to be in touch with earth and sun for our better health.
- Use the trunk of a tree to lean on and take help of tree by using some of its electricity for your health benefit. In other words, stand bare-feet on bare-earth and hug a tree.
- Tingling is related to the re-energizing, re-synchronizing, and normalizing effects that this transfer of energy generates.
- We can enjoy grounding even 24 hours a day. It would not create any problems. It is like asking tree if it is getting too much of the earth that it is rooted to. When we connect to the Earth, the amount of the electrons we absorb and utilize is governed by the amount our body needs to balance the bioelectrical state of our body. It is always perfect amount. It restores the body’s most natural state.
Benefits of Earthing
- Research shows instant changes in physiology and significant improvements in the body’s electrical activities within 30-40 minutes.
- Normalized the body’s biological rhythms (Biological clocks of human body).
- Improves efficiency of cardiovascular (including electrical problem called arrhythmias, fibrillation), respiratory, circulatory, and nervous systems.
- Reduces or eliminates chronic pains of joints and/or back. Eliminates jet lag.
- Improves sleep; increases overall energy; and relieves muscle tension.
- Lowers stress and promotes calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones.
- Thins blood and improves blood pressure and circulation.
- Lessens hormonal and menstrual symptoms.
- Protects body against health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields.
- Defuses cause of inflammation & eliminates symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders like Auto-immune diseases, Eczema, Cancer, Arthritis etc and speeds healing.
- Helps in diseases like: Hypertension, Blood pressure, Fever reduction; Asthma, Bronchitis, Heartburn, Constipation, Itch eyes, Dry Skin; Blood clots, Inflammation of the digestive/eyes, Blindness;
- It calms mind, stabilization the blood oxygenation and helps in blood circulation.
- Earthing by Clinton Ober
- To be Healed By Earth by Warren Grossman
- Upon A Clay Tablet The Definitive Guide To Healing With Homeostatic Clay by Jason R Eaton
- Calcium Bentonite Clay by Perry Arledge
- Living Clay Nature Own Miracle Cure by Perry Arledge
- The Clay Cure : Natural Healing from the Earth by Ran Knishinsky